Sheet Composition, Finish, Sheet Size and Cut Tolerances
- 304 & 316 stainless steel sheets - (4ft x 10ft), (4ft x 8ft) or cut to specified length. Other series stainless steel available as required by design.
- Thickness range 12 Ga. - 24 Ga.
- Length & width cut tolerances: L- (+/- 0.020"), W - (+/-0.012")
- Finishes available: Mirror (#8 non-directional polished), Long grain (brushed), #4 (satin),
Etched (selected patterns)
The decorative colored coating is a metallic film produced in a vacuum using a physical vapor deposition process. The coatings are very hard and may contain alloys of Titanium, Zirconium, Chromium or Titanium-Aluminum in the form of TiN, TiCN, CrN, ZrCN, TiAlN .....etc. depending on the color. The color is determined by carefully controlling the mixture of gasses, vacuum level, temperature, metal alloys and other factors.
DuraTeck sheets are produced under precisely controlled conditions in our ISO 9002 certified manufacturing plant. Each step of the manufacturing process is controlled to meet our high standards for uniform finish, color, hardness and adhesion.
Applicable Standards and Related References
- Corrosion; chemically stable
- Oxidation, will not fade, tarnish, crack, or peel under normal conditions, indoors or outdoors.
- Wear from normal usage
- Color fading
- Vandalism, markerpens and paints are easily removed
- Tarnishing, oxidation, discoloration, peeling or cracking in harsh sunlight, salt, humidity, and city environments.
Left is DuraTeck coated stainless steel after 1000 hours of salt-spray testing. Right is brass after just 176 hours of testing.